of Thomas S.
Thomas S. Kramlik
Successful Information Technology professional with over 12 years experience in leading-edge technical disciplines. Consistently recognized for exceptional ability to rapidly assimilate new technology and business concepts. Self-starter who aggressively pursues the goals of the business and the organization. Excellent mix of professional skills, technical skills, and business experience to be a significant asset to any organization.
Pursuing a systems design, implementation, and analysis/support role in a firm that understands and values the importance of IT, and how IT helps drive the business forward.
Recent Awards & Recognition
* Coveted Make A Difference Award – Consultation efforts at PJM Interconnection (2003)
* Value Award Nomination – Consultation efforts at West Pharmaceuticals (2004)
* Certificate of Recognition – Developing Vis.align’s partnership with Microsoft and clients (2004)
* Certificate of Recognition – Team and technical efforts in our Solution Services group (2004)
Hatfield Quality Meats,
Hatfield Quality Meats has been satisfying customers with delicious pork products, operating as a family-owned company since 1895.
Systems Architect \ Project Leader
* Working on a wide area of technologies in the corporate environment, as well as the manufacturing environment.
* Technology Lead and Project Manager for SharePoint Portal Implementation, Office 2003 rollout, Corporate Screensaver rollout, etc…
* Cross-training on many systems in our vast environment
Accu-Sort Systems, Inc.,
World leader in fixed-position laser and charge-coupled device
scanner design and manufacturing, with more than 80 percent of all parcels shipped
IT Analyst \ Windows Server 2003 Network Design and Implementation
* Provided 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level desktop and server support for 425 users in two sites, field, and international locations. Performed server troubleshooting, monitoring, and maintenance for 20 NetWare 5\6 and 14 Windows Server 2003\2000 servers.
* Designed, tested, and implemented new Windows Server 2003 network including 4 Domain Controllers and 2 backup servers across two locations. Built network as a child domain tightly integrated with our parent company. Converted all workstations and users, and am preparing to migrate all users from GroupWise to Exchange and Outlook.
* Lead resource for all Microsoft technologies.
Vis.align, Inc. (formerly
Forté Systems, Inc.),
Regional IT consulting firm providing a continuum of services ranging from infrastructure development, IT business strategy, software development and systems integration.
Representative clients include Groundwater & Environmental Services, Towers Perrin, Genesis Health Ventures, West Pharmaceutical Services, Philadelphia Suburban Corporation, Erickson Retirement Communities, Virtua Health, PJM Interconnection, Comcast, QVC, Mellon Ventures, and AstraZeneca.
* Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, Infrastructure, and Exchange Design and Migrations. Worked with clients to help them understand their infrastructure, their business goals and business drivers. Collaborated closely with client team to design new infrastructure. Provided Design and Best Practices experience, knowledge, and documentation to configure the network. Leveraged fellow consultants on design strategies, and collaborated closely with client team members to create the best possible design.
– Migrated four client networks from NT4 to Windows Server 2003.
* Windows XP \ Office XP Design and Architecture. Guided client to migrate from Windows 9.x to Windows XP SR-1\Office XP SP-2. Responsible for design, configuration, testing, implementation and application integration, and provided engineering support for remote teams.
– Deployed Windows XP\Office XP to 650 users in a distributed environment.
* Project Server 2002 Product Expert. Partnered with Microsoft during the release of product, providing high-end consulting and pre-sales services. Built, tested, and documented client, server and Web Access segments. Developed Project 2002 service offering.
– Implemented Project Server for three clients and trained internal team members.
* Windows 2000 Program Office. Participated in pre-sales calls, customer presentations, and designed and delivered training programs. Developed roadmaps and methodology to better define teams’ abilities. Trainer for in-depth Windows 2000 training. Obtained MCSE certification.
* Windows 2003\2000 Presentations. Presented “Understanding Windows Server 2003” for Microsoft (2004) including actual migrations. Presented on Windows 2000 for Microsoft (1999 & 2000). Appeared in VAR Business magazine, and was featured in PhillyTech magazine/news print.
* Design Architect. Configured laptops and desktops running Windows 2000 Professional. Designed configuration to meet Microsoft RDP (Rapid Deployment Partnership) standards, as well as using Methodology to provide a jump-start for clients.
– Deployed 85 computers prior to RTM (Release to Manufacturer) of Windows 2000.
* Migration and Support Lead Engineer. Led team of 50 Level I and Level II Support Center resources supporting a MS Mail and Lotus Notes migration to MS Outlook 98. Facilitated frequent training sessions on all aspects of the conversion and the new product.
– Successfully converted 15,000 global users in just one weekend (largest in MS history).
* Application Integration Team Leader. Managed nine resources, client contact, scheduling, migration of applications, and client validation. Responsible for 280 applications.
Support Team Leader. Managed operations of 20 Desktop Engineers
that supported 1,800 clients in a major
Print-on-Demand service engineer repairing and performing maintenance on Kodak printers.
Single Channel Radio/Satellite Certified Operator, Specialist E4, Honorable Discharge
BS in Electrical Engineering Technology,
AS in Electrical Engineering Technology,
Certified Novell Administrator Dec. 2004
* Foundations of Novell Networking: NetWare 6 Dec. 2004
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – Messaging – Windows Server 2003 May 2004
* MCP Managing and Maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for a W2K MCSA May 2004
* MCP Installing, Configuring, and Implementing Exchange 2000 Server Jun. 2003
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Feb. 2003
* MCP Managing a Windows 2000 Network Environment Feb. 2003
* MCP Installing, Configuring, and Implementing Windows XP Professional Jan. 2003
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Windows 2000 Nov. 2002
* MCP Imp. & Adm. Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Nov. 2002
* MCP Designing Windows 2000 Directory Services Feb. 2002
* MCP Imp. & Adm. Windows 2000 Directory Services Jan. 2002
* MCP Windows 2000 Server Oct. 2001
* MCP Windows 2000 Professional Mar. 2001
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – NT 4 Nov. 2000
* MCP Internet Explorer 5.0 Administration Kit Nov. 2000
* MCP Internetworking with TCP/IP on NT 4 Aug. 2000
* MCP Networking Essentials Feb. 2000
* MCP NT Workstation 4.0 Dec. 1999
* MCP NT
Server 4.0 in the
* MCP NT Server 4.0 Nov. 1999
* MCP Supporting Windows 95 (MCP #348575) July 1998
IT Service Management June 1998
McAfee Help Desk Solution June 1997
* Foundations of Novell Networking: NetWare 6 (3001) – Self Study Nov. 2004
* Microsoft Migrating from NT4 to Windows Server 2003 Workshop Mar. 2004
* Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Class (MOC 1572) April 2003
* Microsoft Directory Services Class (MOC 2154) Jan. 2002
* MS Office Suite of Applications (v3.1 – 2003), WinINSTALL, SMS Installer, Norton Virus Scan, Exchange, Lotus Notes, Perfect Office, McAfee Service Desk Solution, and many others.
* Multiple HTML authoring, graphics design, and Web site administration tools including MS Front Page, MS Image Composer, and Internet Explorer. First Internet Project web site published in 1996 and located at http://www.Kramlik.com/Repo.htm.
* MS Windows (v2.0 – XP), and NT Workstation (v3 – 4). Design Architect for Windows 2000\XP Professional desktops. Specializing in 32-bit desktop and office suite deployments.
* MS Windows NT Server (v3.5 - 2003). MS Exchange (v5.5 - 2003). Novell NetWare (v3 - 6). GroupWise (v5 - 6).
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator - Messaging, Microsoft Certified Professional
* ReviewNet Technical Review Team Member
* Certified Novell Administrator
* Avid reader of MCP Professional Magazine, and Eastern Technology Council newsletters.
PROFESSIONAL COURSES \ FACILITATION
* Mahan Khalsa Consulting Methodology
* Vis.align Colleague Focus Group \ Maven Initiative
* Vis.align Masters & Methodology
Click Here to Return to Tom’s Place.